Even though the hockey season has started, it is not to late to register your four, five or six year old into the Streetsville Hockey League Timbits Hockey Canada Initiation Program. Streetsville Hockey League is looking for first time hockey players ages four, five and six for the upcoming season.
Streetsville Hockey League’s goal is to make the beginner’s first impression of hockey a good one. When players get started on a positive note, they automatically enjoy the game and usually go on to have fun playing hockey for many years.
Hockey Canada developed the Timbits Hockey Canada Initiation Program to make the first contact with hockey a safe and positive experience. It is a structured, learn-to-play hockey program designed to introduce beginners to the game’s basic skills.
It enables participants to become contributing members of a team effort, develop self-confidence, and experience a sense of personal achievement. These goals are achieved in an atmosphere of fun and fair play.
The Timbits Hockey Canada Initiation Program is designed for players five and six years old, but is suitable for any entry-level hockey player and clearly lays out how to get them started in hockey so they will have fun, learn skills and develop confidence.
- The Timbits Hockey Canada Initiation Program is a progressive, learn-to-play teaching curriculum. Children learn through participating in practice drills and informal modified games.
- The program consists of four phases of instruction, designed for any entry-level hockey player, which introduce the skills of skating, passing, puck control and shooting in a progressive, one-step-at-a-time manner.
Timbits Hockey Canada Initiation Program Objectives
- A comprehensive program for the development of young children as hockey players.
- The focus is on skill development and fun without the pressures of winning.
- It aims to create participants and instructors who will continue in the game.
- The motto is Fun, Fitness and Fair Play.
Frequently asked questions: