Amacon, and the Rotary Clubs of Mississauga and Mississauga West announce the return of Ribfest to Memorial Park in Port Credit with a Bigger, Better and Bolder Format!
Young Ngo, this year’s Event Chair, announces that the 16th annual Amacon Mississauga Rotary Ribfest continues to be Bigger, Better and Bolder in its second year at Memorial Park in Port Credit. “This is the not to be missed event of the Summer!” and we continue to be thrilled to have Amacon as our sponsor.” says Young.
Mississauga, known for its diverse cuisine and a melting pot of cultures from around the world, is all set to celebrate its 16th Annual Ribfest located for the second year at Port Credit’s Memorial Park. “Always On, Always Electric!” Port Credit is one of Mississauga’s top cultural, entertainment and culinary Districts, boasting world-class restaurants and award-winning festivals and events. This year’s three-day festival kicks off on Friday July 12th at 11 AM and winds down on Sunday July 14th at 8 PM after the not to be missed Awards Ceremony.
This outdoor festival will attract about 75,000 visitors and serve the better part of 75,000 pounds of finger-licking delicious barbecue. On the menu from 9 award winning “Ribbers” will be slow smoked, mouth-watering ribs both beef and pork, chicken and sausages!
Beyond the Ribs:
- Numerous food vendors offering alternative choices
- Ice-Cream and other fun deserts to help you beat the summer heat and satisfy your sweet cravings
- Many choices of craft style beers, wine, ice cold lemonade, pop or healthy smoothies
- Live band performances and entertainment featuring a broad range of musical acts and including headliners: The Dreamboats on Friday 9 PM; Johnny Max on Saturday at 9 PM and Krista Blondin on Sunday at 3 PM.
- A wide range of other vendors and exhibitors beyond our food offerings
- NEW this year is an Interactive “Fun Zone” featuring activities with an emphasis on fun for families and friends of all ages (e.g. inflatables, face painting, rock climbing wall, adult only axe throwing)
- Enhanced VIP area courtesy of White Oak Ford Lincoln with “front of the line” access to your favourite Ribbers
“Each summer, we try to create an incredible long weekend of fun and feasting for the residents of Mississauga and beyond. In our 16th year we want to bring you an event that is bigger, better & bolder than ever. Amacon Mississauga Rotary Ribfest is brimming with great food, awesome music, and superb family fun activities. Our volunteers contribute an incredible 4000+ hours at this event, to help us further the Rotary mission of giving back and supporting our local community.” said Young Ngo, the Chair of The Mississauga Rotary Ribfest Committee.
This is the major annual fundraiser for the Rotary Clubs of Mississauga and Mississauga West. This year’s focus is on Community Wellness and the proceeds from this event with go to The Trillium Partners Foundation, The Compass and Youth at Risk.