We’re little over a week away from Thanksgiving 2019 and there’s still some things to do. We know you need to head to your favourite supermarket and grab the turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and such, or perhaps you’r readying to book your spot at one of the many restaurants around the city.
However we’d like to take a little minute of your time today to tell you about a good cause. As you know from the title, we’re talking about Mayor Crombie’s annual Thanksgiving Food Drive. Every year, Mayor Crombie takes part in the food drive and invites her fellow Mississauga citizens to join the cause by donating some money or filling a bag of food.
“Join Mayor Crombie’s Thanksgiving Food Drive and feed your hungry neighbours.
- Make a financial donation! $42 provides one full week of meals for a family of four.
- Organize a food drive and/or fundraiser! Scroll down for more information on how to register!
- Take the #OneBagChallenge! Donate food at one of our drop-off locations!
- Spread the word! Share updates with your friends on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
- Check out volunteer opportunities! Bring your family to one of our weekend food drives!”
Mayor Crombie wants you to fill a bag of food, take a photo of yourself delivering it to your local fire station or the Mississauga food bank, post and tag the photo on social media with #OneBagChallenge, tag@BonnieCrombie and @Food_Bank, and challenge friends to do the same. That way we can compile hundreds of bags in just a few days.
If you’d like to donate money to this amazing cause instead of filling a bag, then you can do so at The Mississauga Food Bank official website. Every little bit can be a huge help, so please consider delivering some food or donating some money. Click here to see a map of the local fire stations in Mississauga, and remember to tag those photos. Thanks for joining the cause and ensuring everyone can enjoy Thanksgiving!