There is a Flood Watch currently in effect for Mississauga
Lake Ontario water levels are high and will to continue to rise. Easterly winds also direct waves onshore. These have the potential to cause damage along the shoreline.
Residents are asked to stay away from the waterfront around Lake Ontario particularly parks and trails.
City staff have closed off access to Marina Park public boat launch, St. Lawrence Park and Jack Darling Park where the water has washed over some of the pathways, as well as the Lakeshore Road pedestrian underpass.
City staff, together with the Credit Valley Conservation Authority are actively monitoring the waterfront areas as well as weather conditions should further action be required.
Residents are asked to please stay away from all waterways at this time as they can be dangerous, especially for children and pets.
To report flooding, please call 3-1-1. For emergency assistance, please call 9-1-1.
For safety and to reduce potential damage:
- Avoid walking or driving in flooded areas
- Stay away from creeks, rivers and streams
- Keep children and pets away from all waterways
- Clear debris from catch basins near your home or business, as long as it is safe to do so
- Call 3-1-1 to report blocked catch basins or road flooding in your neighbourhood
- Do not open any sewer manholes under any circumstances