Looking to celebrate Canada Day in your own neighbourhood? Check out these Canada Day celebrations taking place throughout Mississauga:
Malton Canada Day Celebration
Port Credit Paint the Town Red
Streetsville Canada Day Celebration
Churchill Meadows Canada Day Together Festival
Living Arts Centre Canada Day Celebrations
If you plan to set off your own fireworks in your neighbourhood this Canada Day here are some safety tips:
- Choose an area that measures at least 30 m by 30 m and is free of obstructions.
- Carefully read the instructions on each firework.
- Check wind direction and wind speed and keep a pail of water nearby.
- For a good launching site, bury the device up to half its length in the ground or in a pail or box filled with earth or sand.
- During the show, wear safety googles.
- Keep all spectators at least 20 m away.
- Do not allow children to set off fireworks.
- Never attempt to set off fireworks that have misfired. Wait 30 minutes then place them in a bucket of water.
- Do not put fireworks in your pockets, do not throw them and do not keep them in your hands.